Tuesday 22 May 2012

Zombpocalypse Mod Guide


As I was leaving school to come home for the summer, a friend of mine gave me a shopping bag.  He told me there was a Nerf gun in it and he tried to mod it and couldn't get it back together.  I got the chance to open it up and put it together.  Here are pictures, mods, and the integration that I did with the Nerf Recon that was in the bag.

Mods:
  1. AR Removed
  2. Locks Removed
  3. Jam Door Removed
  4. Seal Replacement
  5. Seal Air Hole
  6. Tape Mod for Spring
  7. Accepts any Dart
  8. Painted
  9. Light Integration


Mystery Bag
Parts that were in the bag
AR Removed
Air hole sealed
Tape added to increase spring tension
Seal replaced and then greased
All wiring on one side for easy opening and battery replacement
Light switch and battery pack in handle
Internals on other side of blaster
Blaster Finished and put together
Used the light attachment from Recon
Switch for light in the back of the handle
This was my first time integrating something into a blaster and not just modding or painting it.  The blaster is fully functional.  Please comment and let me know what you think!  Thank you.

***Shout out to BigNerfDude for helping me with a name for this bad boy!***

12 comments:

  1. Wicked lookin blaster there, shout out is appreciated! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man!!! Appreciate the help and support :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE the blaster. But you painted a clear blaster!? What's the name of the red you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...Ya, I painted a clear one, thought maybe the paint would turn out better. Plus I got it for free. (Except the supplies) The red paint is from walmart and it is the cheapest bottle of spray paint I could find. All my spray paint is like $.97, I just get the cheap stuff as of now but I feel like it came out really nice! I sanded the gun really well and then did different coats of paint. I hope that answers some of your questions :) Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I would think that the on/off switch for the light would be a little annoying after a while. And the ring around the light could use a few more coats of paint to keep the light in. Besides those minor details, I love it! The paint scheme is simple and sleek and it has one of the coolest names ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The on/off switch is not sticking out of the handle very far. You can barley notice it while gripping the blaster. The light is just super bright, I put like 5 coats of paint on that little ring thing. But I am glad that you like it over all :)

      Delete
  4. Great job, Nerf Creations! The Recon can be a little tricky, but you pulled off a competent mod. Nice touch with the light and paint job, too. Thanks for the guide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I am glad you like it. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm working on one of these right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the idea! I have a spare Nite Finder light lying around... *makes evil grin*

    ReplyDelete